Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby Update - 36 Weeks!, Sleep Issues & Happy Mother's Day!

Went to the Doctor yesterday!

I'm 1 cm dialated, 50% effaced. Which is good (progress is good!), but essentially does not mean anything yet.

Let's talk about the fact that I am dumb and decided it would be a good idea to take Ellie with me to the Dr... even though my friend Jade volunteered to babysit. YEAH that act alone SHOULD have put me into labor! She's not a bad toddler... but she's an almost2year old and it was close to nap time. It was not too fun. Luckily, she was pretty good while the doctor was in there w/ me -- even during the exam, so that's what matters.

Let's also talk about the fact that my kid does not want to sleep anymore?! What the hell????? All of the sudden, she is up screaming after we lay her down at night or for nap and is waking up in the middle of night doing the same thing! I mean SCREAMING for hours. We are trying the "going in there to rock her" routine about every 30 minutes and eventually she just passes out, but it's extremely stressful and exhausting. In fact, I'm too tired to go into any more detail about it right now, but OMG please pray for us that it's a short phase...

In case I don't post again for a few days: HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!! All I want is 7-8 hrs of sleep... HA HA HA HA HA HA good joke... I don't think that will be a gift I'll be getting. maybe next year I'll get myself a hotel room by myself.

2 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

We are having the SAME issue with Kennedy. Horrible screaming fits in the middle of the night. It started a few weeks ago. We have finally made progress in the last few days- if you want to know what's worked for us, feel free to msg me! :)

Allyson said...

I cannot believe she's coming so soon! YAY!
Do you think Ellie's bedtime could be moved back or is she napping ok during the day? Duke got fussy a few months ago and then we moved his bedtime back and didn't let him sleep as long during the day. Good luck! Love you!