Friday, May 20, 2011

Baby Update--38+ Weeks!

Well, she's still not here... I know I was FREAKING out at this point last time with Ellie... Craig and I had NO patience and we were so ready. It's definitely not like that this time, since we have an adorable, fun almost 2 year old around, but we are getting pretty antsy.

I want to go on record saying that although my girlfriends pretty much don't hold ANYTHING back when it comes to being pregnant, childbirth, raising kids, etc... ONE detail they forgot to tell me was how HARD it is to be pregnant the second time!!!! Well, actually I felt really good for probably the first 6+ months. I had nothing to complain about. THEN at probably 8 months, that ALL changed. HOLY MOLY!!!!! Since I love lists, let's list it out.

1) I started off just being a little uncomfortable with THE PRESSURE--if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask a prego--preferably someone not pregnant for the first time. If we were talking in person, I'd be happy to give you the explicit description, but I better not type it out for the Internet. This continued to get a little worse each day. It also gets a little worse and worse throughout the day. By the time I try to get out of bed to pee for the first time at night I seriously can hardly walk, let alone stand up!!!

2) Then THE MOODINESS. Ya'll I'm the first to admit that I am not the most stable and sane person on the planet, but I have been BONKERS in the past 8 or so weeks. Like stab my husband with a knife bonkers!!!!! Crying ALL of the time... for no reason in particular except feeling guilty about the fact that I really didn't have anything to cry about. I actually talked to my Dr. about this a few weeks ago and considered starting on an anti-depressant. The mood was really effecting EVERYTHING I did... I decided not to and in the last week or 2 the moodiness seems to MOSTLY have subsided but WOW.

3) The TIREDNESS. It is not even a question or option that I HAVE to lay down in the afternoons. Most days I fall asleep so soundly that I snore and drool. Only a few days have I just been able to relax and lay there.

4) This one is not as important, but THE LARGENESS. I just feel SO much bigger than I did at this time with Ellie and I'm almost the exact same size. Actually a few lbs less... I feel gross, too. I can NOT WAIT to start being able to exercise!!!!!

5) CONTRACTIONS. I had very few Braxton Hicks contractions w/ Ellie. This time I have been having them for months now! This week I have been having real contractions too. To the point of waking me up from sleeping and me truly thinking, "this is it!" and starting to time them... only for them to stop!!

I am sure most of this is normal and I truly don't have a REAL medical condition to complain of like so many of my friends have, so I do still consider myself to be lucky. BUT DANG!!!!!!!!

Everyone keeps saying it is all due to the fact that this time I'm chasing around an almost 2 year old and I know that has a lot to do with it, but I think that one HUGE factor is just that these girlies are so close. I only had a break between nursing Ellie and getting pregnant again of 3 months. I was in a LOT better shape physically when I got pregnant w/ Ellie. I was not skinny by any means, but I was hiking a TON and still working out at that time... I still had a good 20 lbs of baby weight to lose from Ellie before I got pregnant this time, so I started off a lot bigger. I also never found a pre-natal yoga class to go to! There are some around town but they are all at NIGHT... NIGHT TIME WHEN I must sleep!!! I did do a pre-natal yoga dvd religiously until a few weeks ago (at least 3 times a week), but it just wasn't the same as a real class.

So, for the update. As of Wednesday afternoon, I am still 1 cm dialated, but 80% effaced.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully I'll have a baby but I'm not convinced that will happen :) My Dr. says she'll induce next week at 39 weeks, but I'll probably try to wait it out and avoid the Pitocin as much as possible (I would only get induced if it were for a medical reason like the baby is too big or something).

In other news, everything else is good! Ellie has been pretty clingy to Mommy this week. I guess she can sense something is up. Her and daddy still go out fishing every night, but this week they have been going out to feed the baby ducks in our pond! They are so trained now that when they see Craig they come RUNNING! Which is adorable, for now anyway :)

3 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

If you decide to go for #3... I'll be sure to tell you the details of that too, lol. No holding back! :) Hang in there!

1 mom 1 son said...

Hang in there...thinking of you!

Jade said...

LOL at Amber and going for #3!!!! I don't think that's going to happen Amber! :) Oh ya, I forgot to tell you that it's harder to be pregnant and chasing a toddler around......