Have you seen this youtube video montage yet???
AMAZING!!!!
OH MY GOSH this makes me so want to watch all of these movies! Grease! Footloose! The movie w/ Julia Stiles! West Side Story! Saturday Night Fever! All of them. Is it just me or DO YOU LOVE YOU SOME KEVIN BACON!!?!?!??!?
And speaking of singing and dancing. Did you see this?
SO SO SO SUPER FUNNY!!! And just amazing tv... I HEART Jimmy Fallon (and my girlfriend Tina Fey)
So, I hum to Ellie every night while I'm rocking her & giving her a bottle before bed (YES I KNOW we need to start working on cutting out the bottles). For whatever reason, the songs that pop into my head are mostly showtunes. I always laugh (to myself) because they are pretty cheesy. I seriously always try to think of other songs but these are my "go-tos":
-Stranded at the Drive-in (Grease)
-Hopelessly Devoted to You (Grease)
(Seriously those are almost always the first two I start humming until I can think of something else)*
-Sunrise, Sunset (Fiddler)
-Somewhere That's Green (Little Shop of Horrors)
-Goodnight Sweetheart (a 50's do-wop song, but made popular to me by the movie Three Men and a Baby)
-We'll Be Together (Grease 2)
-Wonderful World (not the Louis Armstrong version, the Hawaiian Brother Iz version)
-Hey Jude (Ok, this one's not cheesy, but i still laugh to myself because I can hear my 21 year old self playing it on the guitar!)
-Close Every Door (Joseph)
-The Rose (Bette Midler--my junior high choir ("glee club") had a riveting performance of this one
-Seasons of Love (Rent)
-Without You (Rent)
-Pass it On (this is one that has appeared in my head lately for some reason--it's a Camp Pyoca song we used to sing around the campfire!)
SO YES I LIKE SHOWTUNES!
*You may ask yourself, "Why would she not include Rizzo's "There are Worse Things I Could Do" in there?" Well, that is one of my top all time favorite songs, believe me! But it doesn't HUM well. Try it. I like a song w/ easy verses and a good melody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love the musical montage! Made me want to dance! Love you!
Post a Comment