Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Grammy!

Yesterday was mom's birthday! We had fun hanging out at home & we grilled out steaks for her last night. I wish I had a picture of her and Ellie to post here but, alas, I do not. We wish she was feeling better these days! Her hip and knee are just hurting her so bad... I know it takes ALL of her effort & energy to spend the day with Ellie on Mondays and Fridays. Ellie just ADORES Grammy, so I'm sure that's what gets mom through those days! She is scheduled to have her hip surgery in only 3 weeks! I can't believe it's so soon. We are going to miss having her around! She is planning on spending several weeks at my Grandma's right after the surgery.

Ellie is still not feeling too good either! She came down w/ a cold about 3 weeks ago, which turned into a sinus infection. She got done w/ her antibiotics last Tuesday and by Thurs or Fri she was a hot mess again! Snot, coughing, etc. So, the Dr. called in another round of antibiotics which we started on Friday. It's a different kind, and we have to give it to her 2 x a day. Poor girl has been taking SO much medicine she is getting so tired of it. Between all the antibiotics, benadryl, claritin, tylenol, etc she is OVER IT!!! Please pray for us that this round of antibiotics finally kicks this bug out of her system and she can be healthy for a while! She has been really good about letting us wipe her nose 1000 times a day but it's sad when you are 13 months old and your favorite thing to do right now is play with kleenax!

We went to the zoo on Saturday w/ my company (family picnic thing). We had fun but she doesn't get TOO excited about the animals yet. I think she just likes anything where we go to people watch and walk around in her stroller :)

Here is a picture of her on the train. Not a very good picture but I love her cute little head.

We are getting excited about fall... there are so many things to do! Pumpkin patch, apple orchard, festivals, halloween parties, bonfires, etc! YAY!

The best kick off to fall is in less than 2 weeks... the Pumpkin Show!!!! This is the annual town festival in Versailles, IN where my mom grew up and my grandmas still lives. Seriously, I can't even begin to put into words how excited we used to get. Probably equal to Christmas morning. Friday after school we would speed down to Versailles, fly into my Grandparent's front door, eat chili & head "up town" (a couple blocks walk!) to ride rides, play games and eat elephant ears! If you are over 21, after you are done riding rides, you can stop by the American Legion for a $1 beer (or two!). Saturday morning, there is a small town parade that is seriously a HUGE event for everyone in the whole county & surrounding. After the parade, you get to go back around the square and eat more fun fair food and play some more games! I am so excited to take Craig and Ellie for the first time this year!

No comments: