Monday, March 9, 2009

25 Random Things

I already posted this on Facebook, but thought I'd post it here too. It would be nice if Craig would do one, but let's not hold our breath :)

25 Random Things about ME
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

1. I love spotting and/or meeting famous people. Although the only semi-celebs I’ve ever met are: Tim McGraw, John O’Hurley and Bill Bellamy.

2. I regret not moving to Chicago after graduating from IU.

3. I am not scared or nervous to give birth. I know I should be, but I’m not.

4. I still profess my undying love to the New Kids on the Block. I heart Joey.

5. My husband is my best friend and still cracks me up on a daily basis. He is going to be such a great dad!

6. I have an uncanny knack for remembering song lyrics, tv commercial jingles & theme songs and movie quotes. I can almost always win in a game of Music Scene-It. (although Todd and Jeff Cummings will always remain superior at the movie quote game)

7. I love to sing karaoke but am fully aware that I cannot carry a tune!

8. The first time I ever smoked a cigarette was with Darren Shannon at the Peter Gabriel/Lenny Kravitz concert—maybe around 1993.

9. I love the fact that I am still BFF’s w/ my college roommates and East Side girls.

10. I once tricked my sister into believing that she was adopted. (she knows it’s not true now, don’t worry!)

11. I have absolutely no idea what my natural hair color is.

12. My first celebrity crush was on Malcolm Jamaal Warner (Theo Huxtable).

13. Emily and I used to “borrow” my mom’s station wagon before I got my driver’s license. Did we do anything exciting? Nope, we drove to Eastgate Mall and got cookies from the food court.

14. I recently got to look at a cadaver in an anatomy lab and it was fascinating and amazing—it did not make me ill at all.

15. My first car was an Audi 5000. 2 of the doors didn’t open and the sunroof leaked when it rained.

16. I once had a goldfish named Michael Jackson.

17. I love eating healthy and working out but am still overweight.

18. There is no one on the earth that I hate. Stupid people get on my nerves but I’m always willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

19. I won a “Thommy Award” in High School for “Best Supporting Actress” for my captivating performance as Ursula in Bye Bye Birdie. The obsessed, #1 fan of Conrad Birdie. (See # 5--it wasn’t too hard of a character for me to play)

20. I have climbed to the top of Camelback Mountain. On the way up Jeni and I came face to face w/ a gila monster!

21. Polihale Beach in Kauai is probably the most remote place I’ve ever visited.

22. I have a weekly online chat forum w/ a couple of friends to discuss the new 90210 episodes. I do fully realize that I am not a very “deep” person. I like it that way.

23. I secretly want to drive a mini-van! Great gas mileage! Smooth ride! Fun features! Doors that open w/ the press of a button!

24. I wish I could blog for a living. Like www.dooce.com

25. I spent the summer of 1998 living in Florence, Italy and backpacking around Europe. Best. Summer. Ever.

And for good measure.....

26. I love Red Zinfandel (7 Deadly Zins!) and can't wait to get this kid out of me, so I can have a big 'ol glass :)

2 comments:

Red said...

Okay, you're my hero for using these three words: Malcolm Jamaal Warner. Awesome list. Also: I know Darren!

Red said...

Um, also? Just noticed myself on your utterly flattering sidebar. Consider us BFF starting NOW. :)