Monday, September 5, 2011

Slow Cooker

My good friend Kim recently asked me to send her a couple of our favorite crockpot recipes. Thought I would share! I seriously cook in my crock pot at least 3 nights a week. Even in the summer--that way you don't get your kitchen all hot w/ the oven!

My recent favorite--SO YUMMY in corn tortillas & so easy... also cheap:
Pork Carnitas
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/02/slow-cooker-carnitas-recipe.html

Craig's favorite lately:
Chicken Parm
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/02/chicken-parmesan-crockpot-recipe.html

A sort of different stew/soup (kinda like Becca's taco soup):
Cowboy Stew
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/07/crockpot-cowboy-stew-recipe.html

GREAT cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Make-Fast-Cook-Slow-Everyday/dp/1401310044

They are all available online but I keep this one out on my countertop!

Of course my ALWAYS go to favorite is roast. If you make a roast (ANY recipe), buy a bigger one. You can make yummy french dip sandwiches w/ the left over meat the next night. Let me know if you want my french dip recipe... which I made up :) If you have leftover potatoes from the roast, too, you can throw those on a baking sheet the next night and roast them (just get them a little crispy) and have french dips & roasted potatoes.

Tip: Always buy red or yellow potatoes--you don't have to peel them!!!

MY OTHER go-to is to just throw frozen chicken breasts in there w/ ANY sauce. BBQ (makes awesome shredded bbq sandwiches), Marinara (shred the chicken in the sauce & serve over pasta), or really any kind of salad dressing or marinade! You can always serve it with pasta or rice :)

1 comment:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

I'm coming to your house to eat!! :)

Thanks for sharing. I might try some of these.