
Hey moms! Great article: http://alphamom.com/parenting/baby/disposable-vs-reusable-swim-diapers/
A lot of you know that I stronly debated on using cloth diapers when Ellie was born (I didn't) and that I'm still struggling w/ the same decision now. Craig is totally against it, but I'm sure he would be supportive if I REALLY wanted to. I just don't know if I REALLY want to :) Please don't judge me!
I do, however, STRONGLY suggest that any of you w/ babes in diapers this summer invest in a couple of the resuable swim diapers. I personally HATE the swimmer disposable diapers, so figured these had to be better and I love them! We got Ellie a couple of the iPlay Swim Diaper and they work great! They are easy to put on, super absorbant and easy to wash.
Did you know that NO swim diapers hold much pee? That their main purpose is really to catch the Baby Ruth if necessary. I did not know that so our first swim lesson had some tee tee on her outfit (no biggie). So, what I do is put on the swim diaper, then the swim suit, then a regular diaper... then her clothes :) In case she pees thru the swim diaper & suit... she'll be getting in the pool as soon as we get there.
Any other fun summer tips???? I'm looking forward to going to the pool (me, fully clothed, however) with Ellie and the baby (once she's a few weeks old) this summer! We got a little napping tent for the baby to use at the pool if we are having a good old time!

1 comment:
Ok, you've inspired me again, Jiffy. Did you get the Bummies? I'm considering trying the iPlay b/c they supposedly are a bit absorbent, which would be nice. But I guess if you get something too absorbent it can be dangerous b/c it can weigh the kid down in the water? Not that Will/Charlie would ever be trying to swim on their own anyway, but still. But it seems to me that you could buy some sort of absorbent insert (don't certain cloth diapers use those disposable inserts?) to put in there on the way to the pool and stuff? I think that would be really handy. Have you ever heard of anyone doing that? I might try to look into it and see if I can figure out a way to do that. B/c putting a regular diaper over boys swim trunks isn't an option!
Post a Comment