Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stranded... in Phoenix!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Ellie and I left Indy (in a snow shower) to visit Grandpa & Grandma on January 20th... and we are still here! We were scheduled to head home on Monday and that just did not happen. Of course, after I did laundry, packed for 2 days, got to the airport, checked bags, made it through security, chased Ellie around at the gate for an hour & a half, dealt w/ a flight delay--THEN they cancelled the flight (due to the Indy airport being closed). So, Grandpa & Grandma had to come all the way back to the airport, park and come in to get us (I could not manage all the bags, stroller, carseat, ellie by myself)!

We originally we rebooked for today, but the airport in Indy is still shut down (for the most part I hear), so now we are rebooked again for Friday. Of course, I can think of much worse places to be stuck! I can't imagine travelling w/ a toddler and getting stuck in some random city by myself. Gives me hives just thinking about it. I went hiking yesterday and Ellie got to play outside a little bit. It has gotten MUCH cooler here too (high today of only 47!), but it's sunny and clear, so we are not complaining!

We got to visit lots of great friends over the past 2 weeks! Ellie is quite a handful these days, so of course I have not taken very many pictures--I MEANT to take pics of all of our friends we saw... but not so much! I got to get my hair did by Vanessa and got to attend Kristina & Eric's wedding reception! What a party that was! I really wished I was not prego for one night :) We went to the zoo, ate lots of good food (OH good mexican food--I miss you!!!), shopped, played outside.... Mommy read an entire book and got to go hiking and walking outdoors.

The only thing I have to complain about is the fact that Ellie has refused to sleep in her pack & play--and has been sleeping with mommy. That has been a bit of a challenge... and one of the main reasons we are ready to get home...

But the main reason is that we miss Craig/Daddy and Rosco!!!!!

If I ever make it home, I will post some pictures.

No comments: