Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HELP! I Need New Cookware and a GIVEAWAY!

Craig and I couldn't think of anything we NEEDED or really wanted for Christmas this year. We ended up just picking out some fun things for ourselves and then having the other one wrap them up. I know, LAME, but we both were happy with what we got… and let’s face it. Christmas is NO LONGER all about me, right? We had much more fun planning, shopping, wrapping & opening Ellie’s fun stuff!

Of course, 2 weeks after Christmas was over, all of the sudden, our pots and pans have started to crap out. This is no shock, of course, since we are using a set that Craig’s mom purchased him 5+ years ago. They were a decent set for a single guy, but for a family that loves to cook (and EAT), they are not cutting it. They have started to peel and scratch on the non-stick surface and are suddenly just getting really FUNKY. Luckily, we have about $250 in AmEx gift cards that we can use towards a new set… you know, since 2011 is the year of NOT SPENDING ANY MONEY SINCE WE ONLY HAVE ONE INCOME NOW!

I have been starting to shop for a new set, but honestly I have NO IDEA what to get. I know you can spend anywhere from $50 - $1000+ on a new set of pots & pans… but I need help!!! Do I go for the non-stick or the stainless? I love the look of the stainless, but I have heard it's hard to clean? What goes in the dishwasher? THERE ARE SO MANY QUESTIONS.

One place I have been window shopping and real shopping a lot online lately is: AllModern.com. They have everything from modern duvet covers to every kind of cookware (of course I’m really lusting after the All Clad and Le Creuset sets!). The company, CSN Stores, has offered to give one of my fabulous readers a $25 gift code to put towards one of their items on line. CSN has over 200 websites to use your gift code including, www.AllModern.com, www.Cookware.com and www.toysandgamesonline.com.



So, here’s how to win! Please leave me a comment (between now & Friday at midnight) with any helpful hints or suggestions you might have for me on what we should buy for cookware and I’ll pick one winner at random! Please note: CSN only ships to the US and Canada, and that there may be international shipping feeds to Canada that the gift code cannot cover.

***UPDATE***

We have a winner!!!!! I used the website www.random.org & typed in the names of the entrants. It regenerates a random list and the winner is the first on the list.......

List Randomizer
There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1.Jade
2.Jenni
3.Mrs. Montti
4.Kristi
Timestamp: 2011-01-17 12:18:39 UTC

So, congrats, Jade! I'll send you the code in a seperate email. Thanks all, for the suggestions and for playing!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I got a really good one from Pennys , they have a lot to choose from in a wide range of prices. My brother also just got the Paula Dean cookware set which will also keep you under your limit. Also, Papa Tom is getting rid of a lot of his stuff since he's moving to TX in a feww weeks and was going to split the kitchen stuff between Chand & I.. I got all new stuff when I moved 6 months ago and don't need much of anything.. but thats only if you are ok with used. Either way let me know!! :) Good Luck.

Jennie said...

I got a nice set from Doug's parents for Christmas this year. It's Gordon Ramsay and she got it from QVC...the item number for the set I have is K34065. Right now it shows it at a regular price of $157 but the QVC price is $109. I'm pleased with it and it seems to cook evenly and is non-stick which is essential for me because I hate to wash pots and pans! It has these cool lid holders incorporated into the handles so you can easily rest the lid when you need to. Also, it comes in black (which is what I have), blue, red, and brown. It's nice to have choices!

Jade said...

I have this set from Kohls (currently $199.99) http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchendining/brandsforkitchen/circulon/PRD~505844/Circulon+Contempo+10pc+HardAnodized+Cookware+Set.jsp

They say handwash (who knew? maybe it is a good thing I looked them up) but we put them in the dishwasher all the time and have for the year that we have owned them. I have had no problems with them and like them a lot!

Jade said...

Smackdragon! It cut off my link!

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchendining/brandsforkitchen/circulon/PRD~505844/Circulon+Contempo+10pc+HardAnodized+Cookware+Set.jsp

Mr. and Mrs. Montti said...

Highly recommend Calphalon. They're non-stick, have a warranty and well worth the money! I bought a couple pans and skillets from Amazon, and continue to add to my collection when I have the money. Well worth the investment!