My girlfriends Jade & Nicole both made lists of all of the wives tales out there predicting gender, so I thought I would do the same. We both honestly do not care which one it is. We think a boy could be easier over the next, oh say, 20 years! But a girl will certainly be easier in terms of "STUFF" that we need... since we are up to our ears in pink around here. We think Ellie will be happy with a brother or sister and we'll have fun either way! Everyone says my poor dad deserves a grandson, after having 2 daughters and a granddaughter so far :) Craig's parents already have one of each, so they don't care either.
If you're carrying low it's a boy, high is a girl: High (1 point girl)
If the heart rate is greater than 140 it's a girl, less is boy: 150? (1 point girl)
If you crave sweets it's a girl, sour or salty is a boy: UM BOTH. (NO Point!)
If your husband puts on weight too it's a girl, otherwise boy: Craig has lost weight. Although I know it’s because he’s been busy at work and we do not have a Sonic (for milkshakes ) w/in 1 mile of our house! Also, the Mexican food in Indy is not too good, soooo… (1 point boy)
If your face gets round or full it's a girl, otherwise boy: nope, no change in face. (1 point boy)
If you get acne it's a girl, otherwise boy: Yep. (1 point girl)
If you are carrying out front it's a boy, to the side or in hips it's a girl: out front (1 point boy)
If the baby is very active it's a boy, less active it's a girl: very active already (1 point boy)
If you have bad morning sickness it's a girl, otherwise boy: None! (1 point boy)
If you are moody it's a girl, otherwise boy: LOL. GIRL. (1 point girl—should be 10 points based on level of moodiness!)
Chinese Birth Chart: girl (1 point girl)
Pendant test (over belly): Supposedly if it moves back and forth it is a boy, if it moves in circles it is a girl. Ours did not do anything! (No point)
Jade read something that said that the mom's gut instinct is correct 71% of the time. I don’t know if I’m just really hoping for a boy, or what, but I think boy. (1 point boy)
Aidan Hutcherson (in kindergarten) has a pretty good record of guessing gender. I think he is 4 out of 6 in the past couple years! He says boy. (1 point boy)
TOTALS
GIRL: 5
BOY: 7
I wanted to post an image of that gender symbol, but of course as soon as that popped in my head, so did Austin Powers' necklace... and since his is the symbol for male, it's only fitting! YEAH!

(image borrowed from movieposter.com)

3 comments:
So fun! And of course I enjoy the Austin Powers reference. Can't wait to find out what this little bugger is!
BOY BOY BOY BOY BOY! Lovin!
I vote boy! :)
Post a Comment