Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet Home Indiana

Dear family & friends,

Craig, Ellie and I have an important announcement to make...

We are moving to Indy!

I know some of you have heard already, but I got a chance to talk to Kristine (my awesome boss) this morning, so now it feels official.

We had been toying with the idea since Ellie was born, but after a LOT (and I mean a LOT) of discussion, we have decided that Indy is where we want to raise our children and spend the next phase of our lives. We want to be closer to family & friends. We want more seasons. We want a slower pace of life. We want a lower cost of living. But mostly, it's the people! A lot of things have fallen into place as of late, so it truly is meant to be. Mom says the reason we are moving is the 3 F's: Family, Friends & Fishing (Craig's favorite past time--which he doesn't get to do much of in the desert).

We are happy here in Phoenix and of course, love our friends here. I am in a great job at a great company so it feels weird to give that up, but we are 100% sure that we are making the best decision for our family. My boss (and dear friend), Kristine, couldn't have been more wonderful and understanding when I told her this morning.

Craig will be transferring with Coca Cola (although he doesn't have an official start date yet). It will actually be a great career opportunity for him within Coke. I don't have a job yet--I'm just now putting my feelers out, but between you and me, I wouldn't mind taking a month or so off :) HA! To be perfectly honest, the health insurance industry takes a lot out of you, so I would definitely consider other opportunities.

Mom & Julie are of course, excited. Mom plans on spending a lot of time in Indy anyway. Dad isn't as excited, since he is working more in Phoenix now, but we are confident we'll see plenty of Grandpa.

We have sold our house (short-sale) here in Mesa. We are still in the process of closing, so keep your fingers crossed for us there. We have been saving $$ for a while now, since we planned to buy a new house at some point (whether in Tempe or Indy), but we have decided that the best option for us now is to rent. It just so happens that we know of a GREAT property for rent! We'll be moving into my parents house in Indy for a couple of years.

We are packing up and heading out April 30th.

Arizona friends- you will always have a place to stay and friendly face waiting for you in the midwest. Come visit! Indy is actually a cool town. Especially in the summer & fall!

Indiana people-HERE WE COME!!! Can't wait to see you!

Love,
The Mitchens

8 comments:

Amber Waves Of Grain said...

Yay! Emily H mentioned to me that you were moving here (our kids go to the same preschool). Maybe I'll run into you on the eastside!! :) Good luck w/ your transition!

Emily said...

That is the BEST NEWS I have heard in so long and I can't even tell you how excited I am! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait! Love you all! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

YYYYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I can't wait until you get here!

jeni

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! What a great life change! Sending our love!
Love, Ally

Anonymous said...

woot woot raisin' the roof-can't wait to see your face more this summer than I have in 7 years :)

Jade said...

woot woot was me, Jade

Jade said...

woot woot is me, Jade :)

Jenn, Josh & Madi said...

We are so excited for you, but we are going to miss you sooo much! You better visit Phoenix often. Love you!!!