I'm obviously on a Potter kick... we went to see Half Blood Prince a couple of weeks ago and it was really good, of course! My husband told me AFTER the movie that he had never seen any of the other movies! He still liked it though, but obviously had a lot of questions. So, now we are having a good time going back and watching 1-5. We are about to watch 3 as soon as blockbuster.com sends it. Craig thinks learning all of the British terms is hilarious. Things like "snogging" and "holy crickets"!
In other exciting news... My friend Lisa (and Scotty) Beier had their (2nd) baby yesterday! Macy Laine Beier! WHOO HOO! She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz. Mom and baby are doing great. Funny thing about that is it just dawned on me is that there is going to be a small GANG of girls around the same age in my circle of friends! Mine (maybe if I ever have she-who-must-not-be-named), Lisa's, Jade's, Kim's, and we still don't know what Becca and Nicole are having. Not to mention Olivia, Izzy, Kyla, and Avery who are already over a year old.
Talked to our friend Guchi yesterday and he told me he and Lynn are going to Hawaii (Kauai and Maui) in September. FOR 12 DAYS! ALL AIRFARE, HOTEL and CAR USING POINTS!!!! It just sunk in this morning that I am SUPER JEALOUS. I have realized that I don't think I'll be going on any sort of vacation for a long while!
Although, one thing I haven't mentioned on here yet (I'm a bit self-absorbed these days, I admit) is that my sister and Bob are getting married next year in Florida! YAY! As it stands now, it's looking like June 5th!!!!!!!!! So that will be a fun trip to South East FL--I think it will be in the West Palm Beach area. I do love it down there. Not a huge Miami fan, but Ft Lauderdale is one of my favorite places in Florida. Anyway, the wedding will be on the beach and be very small w/ just family. Although, there are a minimum of 13 Skinners that live in that area alone, so at this point, I'm not sure how small it will be!
I finished a great book this week called "Gone" by Michael Grant. It's also in the teen section (sadly my favorite books in the past years have mostly all been in this genre). I won't tell you the premise, but trust me, if you like Potter, Twilight, etc, you'll like it.
UMMMMMMMM has anyone seen "Knowing" w/ Nick Cage (I like to call him Nick)????? Ok, not the ending I thought it would be by any means!!! Although not typically my type of movie, it wasn't bad. Except that his character should have been in jail for child neglect. Even before he let his kid fly off with the aliens...
Any other good movies to recommend?
Another crazy thing I learned this week is that a friend of mine's parents (I won't mention names) found out that their house is infested w/ BED BUGS. Do you have any idea how big of a deal this is? They got them from a hotel they stayed at a few weeks ago. When this happens to you, you have to get RID of your mattresses, sheets, pillows and pretty much wash every single piece of linen in your house. AND pay to have an exterminator come and bomb! It's HORRIBLE! I feel so bad for them. I also really see no way that we couldn't all be susceptible to this at one point or another... 'cause believe me, this woman's house is probably cleaner, greener and neater than ANYONE we know!!!
My parents are back from Indy now! So far we've scammed dinner from PF Changs and Outback from them :) Which is nice because Craig and I have spent a small fortune on eating out (out of boredom and laziness) in the past few weeks! Just kidding though, it's nice to have them back in Phoenix!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, impressive job writing about everything except she-who-must-not-be named! Ok, but one question. When would they induce? If you were a week late? I think the standard around here is when you are a week late. So sometime in the next 5 days (but hopefully today!) that little lady will have to make her appearance!
Can't wait to see Harry Potter, although we probably will wait until it comes out on video. I'll have to check out Gone. BUT, I just HAD to comment on "Knowing". Todd and I thought it was one of the most horrible movies EVER! Mostly because of the ending....but GEEZ! You did do a good job of avoidance w/ this post, but NOW you will probably never have a post again where she is not mentioned-she will just be too much to talk about!
Post a Comment