Monday, July 20, 2009

Countdown

I guess the countdown is on... 8 days until my due date. However, I feel like I have been counting down for MONTHS! Oh, I HAVE! Geez... this whole pregnancy thing tends to drag on, doesn't it!

I get the feeling from friends and family that they are annoyed with me for complaining about the baby not being here yet. I honestly don't mean to complain, it's really more of just a statement letting them know what's going on. I know for a fact that they are going to ask the proverbial, "Isn't that baby here yet" quesiton (which according to every mother I've met is the world's most annoying question), so I'm just trying to give period updates! However, I have received many short but sweet responses such as, "she'll come when she's ready" and "you are only 37 weeks", etc... :)

So, what else is new w/ us? Besides the elephant in the room...

Lily is doing GREAT! She has made herself part of the family, no ifs, ands or buts about that! She is so sweet and seems to really like it at the Mitchen house. She loves going for walks, and even though it's hotter than you-know-what, I have managed to take the 3 dogs on several walks. We did have to buy some new leashes and what not at Petsmart this weekend, though. Walking 3 is a CHORE! She loves to cuddle on the couch or in bed when we are watching TV but is so good about getting down and sleeping in her bed when it's time. She got her hair cut on Friday and looks so pretty! Rosco and Skippy are also adjusting to her just fine. Rosco and her have been playing on and off. They aren't 100% buddies yet, but they are getting there.

I've been really craving seafood, so Craig and I went to the store and splurged on some scallops, shrimp and crabcakes on Saturdya and had a feast! YUM! I still am craving it though--I really want some good ol' fried stuff!!! The problem being there really isn't any good seafood place in AZ!

Last night, Larry and Lisa came over to see Lily (and Rosco and Skippy of course) and we went out and grubbed on some Mexican food.... it was fun catching up w/ them. Craig and Larry (and Lisa and I are pretty guilty of it too) could talk about DIY and home improvments 24/7! They both admitted their LOVE for Amy Matthews too. Lisa and I wish we could live in some older homes with some character--the boys agree w/ that too, but it's probably more so they have a never-ending stream of projects to work on!

Other than that, we saw Harry Potter last week (awesome) and rented Gran Torino over the weekend... has anyone seen Gran Torino? Good movie... and I cracked up at all of the racial slangs used in a 2 hour period! Someone should make a drinking game out of that movie! I didn't even know what some of them meant!

2 comments:

Nicole Kelker said...

Just for the record, I like getting the updates! Speaking of which...we should be about due for another one I would think. You are right, it does tend to REALLY drag at the end. Going 10 days early with James was just perfect, but only 4 days early with Will felt like that pregnancy lasted an eternity!

Jade said...

Ah, I'm not annoyed friend...we just don't have anything else encouraging to say since we have no way of knowing when she will make her appearance. Believe me, I wish I could say "oh, she'll be here soon!" but really I have NO IDEA! But, at this point, it really can't be TOO MUCH LONGER-so get ready! The most encouraging thing I can say now is hang in there (how many times have you heard that?) and I do empathize that the end of pregnancy drags on for what seems like an eternity.