Or maybe about an awesome 80's R&B group?
You probably wouldn't think it would be about the fact that the CRAZY Mitchen family has adopted another dog?? Would you?
Well, it's true!!! And her name is Lily.
It's a long story but here's the recap:
-Mini-schnauzer
-Only NINE LBS!!!!
-She's almost 5 years old
-Totally housebroken
-Doggy door trained
-Very well behaved
-Loves walking on the leash
-Likes other dogs (once she gets used to them)
-Sleeps all night on a doggy bed on the floor (just like our other 2)
-Rosco & Skippy think she's pretty cool
-Her and Rosco have already been playing/chasing!
-Already protecting our house/backyard by barking at other dogs
Her mommy and daddy are getting divorced :( and she has been being shuttled between a couple of places for a long time now. She needs a good, stable home. Her mommy is a good friend of mine from Tempe Leadership. It's a long, drawn out story but we've been talking and thinking about this forever!
If Buford hadn't passed away, there is no way we could have handled this but like so many people have reminded me: we were already planning on having 3 dogs w/ the baby anyway and this little girl is a LOT lower maintenance than Buford was (not that we don't miss him!)
Speaking of Buford--why do I see Bulldogs EVERYWHERE these days???? On every TV show, commercial, etc! We saw the cutest video on America's Funniest Home Videos last night w/ a little girl (probably 12-15 months) talking gibberish to her bulldog. She was going on and on like she was telling him some really important story and he was just listening intently! That's why dogs rule.
Really this is a horrid picture of me, but I thought I'd post it because this is where she LOVES to lay and also a decent belly shot. Luckily the lighting is horrible, otherwise I would NOT have posted it! I am SO FREAKING LARGE! I know a lot of it is from being swollen... but UGH! Can you see how puffy my hand is?
We are going to work this weekend on getting one of the three of them together!
It's too funny how HUGE Skippy looks compared to Lily now :)

5 comments:
I was convinced that "Crazy News" meant that they found a second baby.....
OMG, she's adorable!!!!!!! You finally got your salt/pepper schnauzer. I can't wait to meet her!
Jeni
She is precious! So adorable. And honestly, you don't look huge, at least from that picture!
She is so stinkin adorable! Your belly is not that big friend and your hand is not even swollen dude. You are just paranoid! You look awesome! Love you!
Rosco has got the schnauzer twins to deal with now, eh? Glad you were able to give Lily a good home..I am positive she will be loved. Does Lily have my dog's awesome breath too?
Post a Comment