No other creative title for this post is coming to mind... Sorry! Just one of those weeks!
Not a whole lot new to report! I'm still feeling really good. I guess I started showing this week. It's hard to tell when you already had a beer belly to begin with (oh, beer, how I miss you), but I still haven't gained *much* weight (4 lbs i think) and I'm 12 1/2 weeks now. I think that's pretty good. Anyway, although I haven't gained much weight (my weight always has fluctuated up and down) NOTHING is fitting. I still have a couple of pairs of work pants that barely fit but I'm going to have to break down and buy a couple of pairs. Any good recommendations of places to shop? I don't like to shop online unless I know for sure what size I wear from that store, so I want to go try some things on. I was trying to hold out on maternity clothes until March (dumb idea, I know), when I get to steal all of Emily's hand-me-downs, but I guess I need to shop... Wait, that's not a bad thing???
I have my next OB appt TOMORROW! Which is very exciting because we'll get to do another ultrasound, this time w/ sound! It's so strange how slowly time seems to go while you are pregnant. Everything revolves right now around when I get to go to the Dr. next. How weird is that?
In other pregnancy news, the pregnancy acne finally got so bad it warranted a trip to the dermatologist!!! Well, that and 2 other things... You want a list? OK, no problem:
1) A strange rash appearing all over my belly and sides on Saturday morning. Red bumps that look like bug bites... not at all like hives, but still it must be a rash? We could not figure out what it could be! Craig didn't have any at all. So they started slightly burning and itching, so I better get them checked out. Turns out they WERE bug bites! The Dermatologist said it was probably just some freak mosquito or something (although they did not itch at all like mosquito bites) but HOW GROSS IS THAT? Also, my friend Cara was recently attacked by hundreds of baby black widows (long story), so that's all that's going through my mind. Craig says it would be cool to have a Spiderman baby. I, myself, don't really care for Spiderman. I think he's kind of whiny. Anyway, 2 days later w/ a prescription cream and I'm almost all better.
2) Infected oil glands. I get these quite often on my face and they are just little annoying bumps. Most people don't even notice them, but they bug me. So I had to get 2 of those taken off. It's pretty painful but only for a few seconds.
3) As above mentioned, the acne is out of hand!!! He laughed at me and gave me a prescription for a gel of some sort, but there's a lot you have to stay away from while pregnant.
Wasn't that an exciting list???? This post is riveting.
So, I got a postcard in the mail yesterday at work for Dolce Spa. $50 for an organic, customized 1 hour facial!!! It was like a sign from God. I called right away and got in at 5:30 last night... My skin feels SO much better today already. I think this might be something I need to splurge on once in a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Get a pregnancy massage from Dolce - its the best thing EVER! There is no red hair on baby O. Your's is bound to have red hair - don't ya think???? Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment