Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Food

Hey mommies!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...

When I was pregnant and reading every.single.book.magazine.website about being pregnant, having a baby, etc, there was much talk about making your own baby food.

Of course, it sounded very complicated & time consuming, but being the SUPERSTAR first time mom that I am, I figured NO PROBLEM! And many other moms I spoke to told me, "yeah I was planning on doing that, but just don't have time... yada, yada, yada." Again, feeling all superior, I thought to myself, oh, I'll make time! Not to mention, the scary things I have read about jarred baby food... I was gung-ho.

I prepared myself for it to be time consuming, tedious, labor intesive, etc... But here's the secret: IT'S SUPER DUPER EASY!!!!!!!!!!

Craig bought me the Berea Baby Cook, recommended by our friend Ally (as a b-day present, mind you). It's a steamer & food processor in one... and I swear. Making baby food is a cinch! And it's so cheap. You just cook the fruits & veggies you would be eating anyway... And of course, so healthy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! That's awesome! I swear that Duke is such a great eater now because I made his baby food w/o all the crap. Aww- and I got a shout out. Love you!