But did you know they have ENDLESS sytles and colors of shoes, sandals and flipflops? I'm not sure why I am a target consumer of theirs but I just got an email from Amazon.com w/ a special offer for "free shipping on new styles of crocs!" So out of sheer curiousity, I clicked on it and there are FIVE pages of different sytles of crocs! Aren't these plastic/rubber/spaceage material shoes? They have mary janes and high heels and wedge sandals! Who knew!?!?!?
I thought I'd take this opportunity to find out what the big deal is?
Personally I think ALL OF THEM are pretty horrendous! And it's not like I am a fashionista. I personally have a dress from Banana on today w/ a pair of flip flops (mainly due to the fact that my feet do not fit in ANY other shoes currently). The ones most people wear are so strange looking to me... why do you want to look like a Garden Gnome?
Are these supposed to be stylish? Would you throw these on w/ a new dress from Anthropologie and hit happy hour at a trendy restaurant??? I'm so confused.

I understand if you are a nurse or a teacher that you want comfy shoes, but what is wrong w/ tennis shoes? Or some cute sketchers??? Or regular flip flops for that matter?
Do they have some magical powers that I am not aware of? If so, please do share!
I must admit, I did buy a pair in Hawaii (Walmart's version anyway) to wear on the beach and they gave me blisters... so I'm not buying most of the comfort argument... but maybe because they were Walmart brand. Must one spend $35 for them to be worthy?
Could someone please help?

3 comments:
You know that I have a couple pairs and I loved them, though admit that they are not actually cute. I don't wear them anymore. I mostly would throw them on around the pool and what not. But like you said, flip flops work as well. I was the nerd that wore socks with them too in the winter:-)
Good post! Funny!
Love you!
Jeni
Ha ha! This is hilarious. I half agree with you, and yet I still love them. But, I am one of those people who thinks any type of clogs worn with flare jeans is adorable - that whole hippie look. But I would agree that crocs with anything other than flares are a major fashion disaster. But.... they are SOOO much more comfy to me than tennis shoes, and way more support than flip flops, so I still wear them at home all the time. I try to remember not to leave the house in them, but occasionally I forget I'm wearing them. But you are right, how on earth they ever became so popular is quite the mystery! Too funny.
I have to join the comfort wagon here b/c I bought them the first time when I was pregnant and teaching and they were VERY comfortable. I agree they aren't very cute, but I have the flip flop version and the clog version and they are extremely comfortable-and during the summer I prefer them over tennis shoes. (flip flops have way more support than a flat plastic flip flop) The mary janes are actually pretty cute on, but I don't have any. Generic versions don't compare in the comfort area-you'd have to try the real version if comfort is what you are looking for. I can't speak for the wedges and other more "fashionable" pairs. They are expensive for what they are though.....
Post a Comment